Brian Part (Carl Edwards) Exclusive Interview!
* Note: This is Brian Part's first public interview since he did
Little House On The Prairie!
1. Hi Brian, Thanks for being interviewed for PrairieFans.com! Wow, It's been 30 years now since Little House first aired on TV. What do you think of it's success after so many years? Would you have thought it would still be as popular today as it was many years ago?
Yes, I do think it would be as popular because there are very few programs on TV today that teach and shows examples of Faith, Moral Values, and how to care and show compassion for our fellow human beings.
2. Today, we have a lot of children who want to become actresses and actors. You were a child actor, how did you get started and what type of advice could you give to future child stars?
I wanted to be an actor when I was 5 years old and My brothers girlfriend worked at a casting agency. Before my Dad Past away, he made my Mom Promise that I could be an actor and race Motor cross and I told my Dad that I would make his name Famous.
To young Actors:
Don't involve yourself in any of the "Hoopla" keep yourself grounded and humble.
3. As a young actor, what was it like to be on Little House? Had you ever read the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder before getting the part of Carl Edward's?
No I never read the books. Being on Little House was one of the most wonderful experiences one could ever have.
4. What could you remember most about working with the cast and crew?
I Loved everyone and they were all wonderful to me.
5. What, if any, affect did your role as Carl Edward's have on your career over the years? Did it help you land roles in other projects? Are you still associated with or recognized from being on the show?
It had a positive effect on my career because it was such a popular family show. No, I don't get recognized any more.
6. Who would you say on the set made the biggest impression on you personally?
It was the combination of everyone working together as a family that made the biggest impression on me.
7. What can you remember most about Michael Landon and Victor French while growing up? Was Victor as friendly onscreen as he was in person? Was he ever a father figure to you?
I think Mike was the most emotional man I ever met besides myself. Victor was more friendly off screen than on. Both Mike and Victor were Father figures to me.
8. Do you have a favorite episode of Little House?
The Runaway Caboose.
9. Have you been in any contact with any of your peers from Little House lately? Any word from your TV Family, Kyle Richard's (Alicia), Radames Pera (John Jr.), and Bonnie Bartlett (Grace)?
Recently, I have been. But before now it has been over twenty years.
10. Finally, How are things going for you these days? Are you currently acting? Any projects in the works?
Yes, it's going to be big and I will keep you posted of upcoming dates and events.
Thanks for taking the time to be interviewed for prairiefans.com!
For more information on Brian Part visit his Official Web site at www.brianjpart.com
Webmasters Note: Interview was done on April 02, 2004.