Griffin Powell-Arcand Exclusive Interview!
Griffin, Thanks for allowing prairiefans.com to interview you.
First, let me start off by saying congratulations for landing a role
in the new Little House on the Prairie series. It must be an honor
for you to be apart of something that is loved all over the world by
Thank you, I am very proud to be on Little House on the Prairie! I am really looking forward to seeing the show, and I hope everyone likes it!
2. What could you tell us about the audition process for your role? Was it very competitive?
My agent, Darryl Mork told me to grow my hair when he heard of the auditions. I practiced my lines, Darryl put me on tape, and they liked it! I had to do one more audition in person, and I got the role! My family and I were very happy!
3. The cast, were they a lot of fun to work with? Who in particular was your favorite cast member to work with?
I loved the rides to & from set, with Kyle, we laughed a lot! When we had to film our scenes, it was also fun! I really liked Danielle, and all the kids who played my family and friends. Everyone was so nice to work with; it’s hard to say!
4. What was filming like on the new Little House pilot?
It was really beautiful there; I loved the dogs, and horses. I loved driving on the bumpy road to the set, and splashing in the puddles! Sometimes, when I was tired, the director gave me smarties, he was nice.
5. Since filming the Little House pilot, have you kept in touch with any cast or crewmembers?
No, we all live so far apart, and I am busy with grade 2, but I would be very happy to see everyone again soon!
6. Before your role on Little House, have you seen any of the original television series episodes starring Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert? Or, had you read any of the Little House on the Prairie books?
I had never seen the show, but my Mom grew up watching it, and is a huge fan! After I got the role, my Mom and I watched a few episodes, and I really liked it! We bought the new tie –in edition and my Mom is reading it to me at bedtime. I like being able to picture the scenes in my head as we read them!
7. Thanks for talking with us about Little House. The fans probably want to know a little about you. What could you tell us about yourself? Do you have any hobbies or any favorite movies or any favorite foods?
I am 7 years old, and I am in grade 2. I live with my Mom, (Shar) my big sister (Amber), my 2 cats, Hazel McStalkerson and Mini-Head, and my fish Sonic, and Knuckles. I like to swim, walk in the river valley, play with my friends, and play my X-box! My favorite movies are Star Wars, Sponge Bob the Movie, and Napoleon Dynamite. I love Chicken, French fries, Ice Cream, Vietnamese Noodle soup, and Spring Rolls! OH…and smoothies!
8. Griffin, I noticed you were born in Alberta, Canada. Isn't that one of the locations used for filming the new series? How is Alberta?
I love living in Alberta, it was nice in Calgary, and not far from home. I liked staying in the hotel, room service was awesome, and I loved the pool. Alberta is a beautiful place to live; I like the mountains the best!
9. From studying your career, you have had other roles in "Moccasin Flats" and "DreamKeeper." What do you think about acting? Any advice for other children who want to get into the business?
I think acting is the best job in the world! It is exciting, and it is also how I bought my X-box! I think any children who want to act should try it, because you get to travel and meet new people. I am so lucky to have been on these 3 shows! My advice for other kids is to just keep trying, and have fun!!
10. Thanks again for letting us interview you for this Web site. Do you have anything you would like to say to all the Little House Fans around the world?
I just want to say, that I really hope you like the show, and I am happy to be on it! It was nice talking to you! Love, Griffin
Webmasters Note: Interview was done on March 14, 2005.