Kevin Hagen (Doc Baker) Exclusive Interview!
would like to take the time out to thank Kevin Hagen for this
exclusive interview he gave us. Hope you all enjoy!
1. What was it like to be on Little House?
I felt very fortunate to have a steady job in a role and a series I could be proud to be a part of.
2. Before you got the role of Doc Baker had you ever read the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder?
No, I hadn't read any of the Little House books. But I did read a number of books on medicine in the 19th century.
3. Did you enjoy working with the cast and crew?
Greatest cast and crew I ever worked with. All the crew were from Bonanza and the cast all personally chosen by Mike.
4. What was the atmosphere like on the Little House set?
Happy and relaxed.
5. What, if any, affect did your role as Doc Baker have on your career over the years?
It was the end of my career in Hollywood. But with the re-runs that will go on forever, long after I am gone, I will always be remembered, with affection.
6.Who would you say on the set made the biggest impression on you personally?
It would have to be Michael.
7. Do you have a favorite episode?
Of course. It was DOC'S LADY with Anne Archer.
8. If there was a Little House Reunion, what do you think Doc Baker would be up to?
I'd be up to attending and enjoying seeing old friends.
Webmasters Note: Interview was done on September 17, 2003.